Friday, June 15, 2007

Good Samaritan

The weirdest thing happened to me today. While driving to the grocery store, I saw a man walking along the street. He was covered in blood! Now this is a very busy 6 lane street with tons of traffic. My first thought was "WTF! Was that guy covered in blood?" My second thought, "Do you think anyone else noticed?" My third thought, "Call 911", which I did. It was 11:30 in the morning. What on earth happened to this guy? Why was he walking along the sidewalk? Curiosity and the dispatcher on the phone told me to follow him. I did several U turns in different parking lots to keep an eye on him at a distance. The dispatcher asked me if I was comfortable pulling over to ask if he needed help. Was she totally nuts? I had to drive around the block because there was a car behind me. When I got back to the area where he had been, *poof* he was gone. I saw the ambulance circling the Office Depot parking lot looking for him too. Where did he go? Will he be OK? I left the area feeling deflated because maybe the guy really needed help and I didn't quite get it to him.

Please visit our new site at www.chicgalleria.com.
Copyright © 2007-2008. Chic Things Galleria. All Rights Reserved.