Saturday, June 23, 2007

My pond










This is what my yard looked like when we bought our house. Basically it was good 'ole Oklahoma dirt. We bought the house because it reminded us of our yards when we were growing up. Remember back when we could roam the neighborhood without having to worry about "stranger danger"? So in the spring I dragged my husband to the Tulsa Home and Garden Show. Now usually he wouldn't set foot in an event like this, but I promised him the concession stands were open and they were serving beer. Well..........something fell out of the sky and hit him on the head. He decided that we should built a pond. We called the first company who's business card I dug out of the plastic bag they gave me at the show and got an estimate. After we heard all the fabulous plans, the estimate was about $20,000+. This didn't include plants, fish, sprinkler system, etc. The next thing I know, my husband is in the backyard with a shovel digging a hole. Now, Oklahoma soil is extremely rocky and the red clay is so thick you could mold it into a spoon rest. Remember art in 3rd grade? This man, with an old hand-me-down shovel, was digging a pond! And in a Tom Sawyer sorta way, he had the whole family digging along with him.
Yes, those are skimmers.











Please visit our new site at www.chicgalleria.com.
Copyright © 2007-2008. Chic Things Galleria. All Rights Reserved.