Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Police


Off to Dallas for The Police concert tonight. I'm taking my kids which seems so strange to me. The last time I saw The Police was the Synchronicity tour in 1983 at Comiskey Park in Chicago. The ballpark was demolished in 1991. It's odd how music seems to make circles. My son listens to Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and Lynard Skynard like they are new bands. Maybe it's the genes that make circles too. He about flipped when "You Shook Me All Night Long" came on the radio and I knew all the words. What? The song isn't a new release! Teenagers think their parents are aliens anyway, so why not freak them out as often as we can. Actually, it's nice to have that in common with my son. We have gone to several different concerts together and he didn't seem too flustered. Maybe it's because I was paying. I believe it started in the womb and the notes, beat and my singing became ingrained in his brain. "Don't stand, don't stand so, don't stand so close to me." Wishful thinking my dear.

Please visit our new site at www.chicgalleria.com.
Copyright © 2007-2008. Chic Things Galleria. All Rights Reserved.