Wednesday, June 13, 2007

VH1 Classics


I'm watching VH1 Classics and trying to decide if I should be referring to myself as a classic. I'm a child of the 80's. I was in college at the beginning of the decade and bore a child 3 days before it ended. While I don't have the clothes or hair style, I still listen to the music on a daily basis. Don't get me wrong, I love the Dave Matthews Band and go to the concerts as often as I can. I also love John Mayer and saw him recently too. But my heart, IPOD, Launchcast and XM radio belong to the music of the 80's. Now, I am extremely picky about this music and at no time will I listen to Michael Jackson, Lional Richie, that Super Freak guy or anything that reminds my of the Psi U dance floor when Dean Schueller was the DJ. I enjoy classics (there's that word again) like Steve Winwood, Dire Straits, Billy Idol, INXS and the Police who I get to see in 2 weeks.


I am a Duran Duran fan. I have every CD, know every word to the songs, watch the videos in my head and I am an active member of duranduranmusic.com. More on this in later posts, but the pic is my DFW Duranie friends and I in Miami last November. We had VIP tickets to see Duran Duran at the BANG music festival. I have pics with DD, but I'll save those for later too. Go ahead...."groupie"...."obsessed"...."grow up"....I've heard them all.

Please visit our new site at www.chicgalleria.com.
Copyright © 2007-2008. Chic Things Galleria. All Rights Reserved.