Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The walls come tumbling down


3 weeks ago I awoke to a very startling noise at 5:30 a.m. Mass chaos broke out in my house. My son ran outside in his boxer shorts, my husband was on the back porch dripping wet in a towel straight out of the shower, I was fumbling with the alarm system and the phone trying to call 911. A young woman fell asleep at the wheel of her SUV and crashed through the fence into my backyard. Although bruised and sore, she was very lucky! She literally "thread a needle" through several trees before she hit my rock wall and wooden fence. Her head hit the windshield because she was not wearing a seat belt. Now we are left with a huge hole in our fence and the major pain of dealing with the insurance company and fence contractors. Why is it that other people's actions can cause major undue stress in my life? I've had to make numerous phone calls, argue with several people and still my fence looks exactly the same as it did 3 weeks ago. I think I'll go get fence supplies at Home Depot today, rebuild the fence myself and use the insurance money for a manicure, massage and margaritas.

Please visit our new site at www.chicgalleria.com.
Copyright © 2007-2008. Chic Things Galleria. All Rights Reserved.