Monday, September 17, 2007

Aging Gracefully

Today I am reflecting on the fact that I am getting older. My son will be turning 18 soon, I tweeze hairs from odd places, my hands remind me of my Grandmother and I just can't do the things I used to do with grace.

My husband decided to invite me to play on his co-ed 40+ softball team last night. Actually, he needed another woman or else they would have had to forfeit. What? Me? I get manicures and have trouble deciding which shoes best match my outfit.

Now, my husband is an athlete and in High School won the state title in baseball. I played softball through High School myself, but that was 28 years ago! I held my own last night, for awhile. I fielded a line drive with my left ankle, hit the ball every time at bat and then tore my calf muscle. Yes, I experienced the most excruciating pain since.... "Little Miss Princess" was the endearing name my son labeled me before I even set foot on the field. I'll show them! I'm good at everything I do. I'm no princess! I managed to hobble off the field, exchange glances with my husband, limp back out to right field and then decided I was done. I played so the team didn't have to forfeit and we forfeited because I couldn't play.

So much for grace.

Please visit our new site at www.chicgalleria.com.
Copyright © 2007-2008. Chic Things Galleria. All Rights Reserved.