Saturday, December 29, 2007

Fashion Questions #41, #42, #43~Hair & Lashes


lev53211 wrote "What about hair...short or long, straight or curly? What about hair accessories?"

Look for long hair to short bobs in 2008. Long hair is still the top pick though. Straight, curly, wavy, it doesn't matter as long as it is long hair. The short bob, which is a classic look that never really goes out of style, will be one of the hottest trends. Victoria Beckham's "pob" is an example of what will be one of the most desired cuts. (Both Beth and I have the same hairstyle, and we love it!)
All shade of red from Burgundy and Strawberry Blonde to Copper Brown will be the most wanted shades in 2008. From what I have read, hair jewelry is fading out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pamela Jayne wrote
"What can I do to get my eyelashes to curl and be separated?"

First thing I would do is make sure you are using a good quality eyelash curler. One I use and recommend is the Shu Uemura curler. I heat it up for a few seconds with my blow dryer. Just be careful not to burn your eyelids. Start at the base and walk the curler out giving tiny squeezes, until you reach the end.
You could also try using an eyelash primer before adding your mascara. The primer helps the mascara go on smoother so your lashes won't stick together. One thing I like to do is dust translucent powder on my lashes and them apply my mascara. The powder gives the lashes and added thickness.
The key to fuller lashes is to layer the mascara without clumping. So make sure you have an eyelash comb handy to help separate them after you apply your mascara. If you are going to apply more than one coat, do not wait for the first coat to dry, or you will end up with chunks on your lashes. I find that wiping off any excess mascara from the wand helps to prevent my lashes from sticking together. You also might want to try a new mascara. I have thin, long lashes and the only mascara that seems to work for me is Lancome Hypnose.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stacey Moore wrote
"What would you suggest using on hair that is oily around the scalp and dry on the ends?"

I would stay away from any strong stripping shampoos and opt for a mild one. When shampooing, concentrate on the scalp area and add conditioner only to the ends of your hair. I have oily hair and dry ends as well and this is how I wash mine. I am using Alterna hair care products which are expensive, but they do work for me. When I am done, I add a leave-in conditioner to the back of my head, not my scalp area and comb through.


http://themakeupdivas.com
http://themakeupdivas.blogspot.com



Please visit our new site at www.chicgalleria.com.
Copyright © 2007-2008. Chic Things Galleria. All Rights Reserved.