Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Sushi Journey


I eat a lot of sushi. I can honestly say that I eat it at least once a week. My love for sushi started when I was in college and spending the summer in Washington, D.C. I was going to summer school at GWU and one of my favorite places to "play" was Perry's in Adams Morgan. It was a very cool place in the early 80's. Black interior, speciality cocktails, loud music, sushi and usually a line to get it. I'm not sure if it was the food or the atmosphere, but suddenly I was a raw fish eater.

It was then that I started a journey to find the best sushi restaurant where ever I was living. After Washington D.C., I moved to Greenwich, Connecticut. It was there that I hung out at the same sushi bar frequented by Mikhail Baryshnikov, Ron Howard and Glenn Close. Funny story...I knew the sushi chefs by name because I spent so much time there. One very busy night, I left the table where I was dining and went up to the sushi bar to say hello. I didn't realize that Glenn Close was sitting there because her hair was all huge and frizzy since she was filming Fatal Attraction. She looked up at me and said, "You must eat here often." I don't even remember what I said back because I was so shocked she spoke to me.

Stay tuned for the next chapter of my sushi journey...



Please visit our new site at www.chicgalleria.com.
Copyright © 2007-2008. Chic Things Galleria. All Rights Reserved.